The Half Way Home
The “Half Way Home” will provide…
- A therapeutic environment that is conducive to the just-released inmate’s socio-economic, cultural and spiritual reintegration into communal life and living.
- Hostel accommodation and lodging with recreational facilities.
- Vocational and artisan training workshops.
- Business incubator cluster shops for ex-inmates to start up and nurture their own businesses under tutelage before relocating.
- Business mentoring for just-released inmates
- A convenient transition point for reconciliation and reunion with family and friends.
With all these, many of the constraints just-released inmates face are reduced drastically.
The Jubilee Incubator Centre a.k.a “Half Way Home” will cost about N250 million (Cost of land is NOT included as we have already acquired one at Kuje — Groundbreaking ceremony picture).
This estimate will take care of…
- Infrastructure development.
- Structural construction.
- Finishing and equipping of hostels, event hall, workshops, cluster shops, animal and fish farms, crop and fruit farms and agro allied processing units.
We are raising funds through PF member contributions and donations, grants and subventions from government, international donor agencies, corporate organizations and you, our supporter.
The Centre, in the end, will be self-sustaining with income from its farm and agro allied processing activities plus rentage of its events facilities.
Support this worthy cause. Your contribution will help us house and care for a just-released ex-inmate. You’ll be making a big difference and helping us build a safer community.
A team of consultants made up of architects, civil and structural engineers, surveyors and quantity surveyors is managing development of the Jubilee Incubator and Rehabilitation Centre a.k.a “Half Way Home”.